Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 SuperL 4×4 Rear Wheel Nut / Socket Size

TruckeeKen · 2024-08-17 19:20

I am having issues figuring out what size impact socket I need (Metric or Standard) for my rear wheels 19.5 LTR-24 tire. Hope this makes since...new to tractor stuff! Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1TruckeeKen2024-08-17 20:46

    Also, Am I able to take the wheel and tire off to take it down to the shop to be repaired? Or does the repair have to be done at the tractor? Thanks

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-08-17 22:32

    What is the problem? If it needs the tire repaired sometimes it's easiest to call a mobile tire truck to come out. The better ones will leave the wheel on and just remove the tire. Saves a lot of hassle.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2024-08-18 08:40

    I take my 17.5Lx24 off when I needed a patch in a tube and just took them both off a few months ago, to have new tires put on. They are not that heavy and it’s way cheaper than having a truck come out. On my 580 SE, it was a 1 1/16” socket for the bolts.

  4. #4TruckeeKen2024-08-18 10:32

    The nearest Mobile Mechanic is a ways away, so I would be paying a lot just for their travel time! So thought that if I could just take off the wheel with the tire, and take it to them I would save a ton! By taking off the wheel nuts...will just the wheel and tire come off? Just dont want to start something I may not be able to finish...even as basic as it sounds!

  5. #5TruckeeKen2024-08-18 10:34

    So you where able to just take the wheel and tire off to take somewhere for new tires?

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-08-18 11:19

    Wheel and tire should come off easy. Nothing special except they are big and somewhat heavy.

  7. #7TruckeeKen2024-08-18 11:25

    Thanks, I appreciate the info!

  8. #8TruckeeKen2024-08-18 20:54

    Hey Dave I got the 1- 1/16 Socket, and fit the front wheels, not the rear. They are close to 1-7/16 ...a smidge smaller.

  9. #9Welder Dave2024-08-18 23:12

    1 3/8" or maybe metric?

  10. #10Dave Neubert2024-08-20 07:18

    measure across the flats to see what size you need

  11. #11Welder Dave2024-08-20 14:18

    How hard can it be to figure out what size a bolt/nut is?

  12. #12Vetech632024-08-20 15:29