Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 Twin disc Shuttle clutch Assembly Clips

Torkermax ยท 2017-08-30 09:46

Hello. I am in need of the Special tool clips to reassemble a Case 580 twin disc shuttle clutch (Non Rockford). P/N A43071..No longer available. Or if anyone has an idea of the thickness to make theses clips. Or an idea how to install without them. Thank you Kindly Randy

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2017-08-30 19:47

    I made a set long time ago and just used some aluminum flat stock and bend to fit. I will try and find mine and send pics of them if you'd like.

  2. #2Torkermax2017-08-31 00:34

    Thanks. Would like to know the thickness of the metal. Talked with the local case dealer shop foreman today. (nice guy) He got a chuckle over what I was looking for. Said he hadn't used them in twenty years but thought they may still have a set in their tool bin. Called back and offered to rent them to me but would like to make a set also.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2017-08-31 09:59

    I'll send you a pic as soon as I can find them lol. I haven't used them in about 20yrs myself.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2017-09-02 08:58

    Hey Bud I couldn't find my clips "naturally" but when you compress the clutch with a press you can take some aluminum flat stock and bend to fit. I think mine was a total of about 3in. in length and about 3/4" wide.