Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B Boom Lock pins

smjones ยท 2022-06-29 21:29

Have an early 70's 580B, was working away when I went to lock my boom up it wouldn't latch...... Took a look and no locking pins! I can't seem to find info on replacements...I'm assuming they are pins because when I look through the hole in the boom there is a bar or something blocking a clear path through. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Replies6
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2022-06-29 21:47

    You'll have to look at the 35 backhoe parts book to find the lock pin.

  2. #2smjones2022-06-29 23:59

    Wow, thanks for the quick reply Coy! However, I'm new to this site and have no idea what the 35 backhoe parts book is??

  3. #3smjones2022-06-30 00:06

    Never mind! Google is a wonderful thing!

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-06-30 07:46

    Do you need any of the 580B manuals ?

  5. #5smjones2022-06-30 09:32

    I need the right ones....downloaded two last night that turned out to be the wrong ones.....

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-06-30 10:04

    They are here thanks to the good people at Minnparr Parts. HERE.