anyone know how much a Case 580B CK (without extend-a-hoe) weighs? Just bought one and need to know how much it weighs? (sorry to change thread. first post, cant make a new thread)
Here ya go, Vito. I gave your question its own thread. (You need three posts before you're allowed to start your own.) Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. :drinkup
Case 580B CK Backhoe; Length:22 ft. Width:8 ft. Height:10 ft. Weight:12500 lbs. ...
Hi all Does any one know how to tell the year of my 580f as i am selling it? thanks
Sorry, I cannot help you on the year, but the 'E' was made between 1983 and 1987. If you look at this thread, post #27 shows an 'F'. I'm sure more pictures of an 'F' posted here would be just great . I forgot to mention that a Case dealer should be able to tell you the year, with the serial #.Phil
Herse's a picture of my 580f
Very unique, at least over on this side of the ocean. Is it a side shift hoe? If so how is it moved from side to side and locked? Looks like a clam bucket and a 4-wheel drive too. Nice condition. Thanks for posting a picture of her . Phil
hi phil. yes its a side shift that locks with hydraulic brakes on the back rail. you move it with the back actor at about 90 deg and by turning the bucket. 4 wheel drive as you say and extendahoe back actor. david brown engine.
Just noticed the extenda-hoe too . I checked out an old JCB 3X...model once with a sideshift and it had the hydraulic locks. Looked liked small single acting cylinders clamping the hoe to the rail. Looks like Case made what it felt the market wanted. I had a DB 990 once, very sweet running engine, the kind that grows on you like the Ford 3 cyl. Here's a pic from a good source of machinery pictures. Phil http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1046&Manu=CASE&Mdltxt=580F&mdlx=exact&GUID=91215D05D0F541D0B7AB9104DBE90C4A
Case 580CK with an Extend a Hoe I am looking at an older 580CK 1968-1969 with an extend a hoe on it. I was orginally told that these machines did not come with this option, but this appears not to be true. One of the previous owners welded the extending feature so it no longer extends. Is this/will this be a problem? Other than the welded hoe, some rust and a few minor leaks she looks pretty good for her age. He wants $5K, but it has good rubber, starts immediately, drives well and lifts smoothly, however it does not like to stop very well (moving). But from reading other posts brakes were not the 580s strong point. I am new to the forum and enjoying the interaction very much.
Yes, a CK with an extendahoe would be rare unless it was a B CK. I've never seen one. It should not be a problem unless you don't want the extra weight. Aftermarket brake kits are available, with and without the riveting already done. Can't go wrong for $5K, you could part it out and still do well.Phil
580 CK Extend a hoe Thanks. Extra weight should not be a problem. It is for light farm use. I will continue to read the forum as far as the breaks go and look for tips and lessons learned. I have heard of kits or just taking the components to a local heavy machine brake shop and letting them do the work. Looks like hours of fun for the future.
580CK torque converter? How much and what weight oil for Torque converter? How do know if you have a rockwell or statndard torque converter?
I believe the shuttle compartment holds about 4 US gallons and I believe that's with the converter full. Use a hydraulic oil only suitable for transmission use, for use with clutch packs, many different name brands. Not sure of the designation. Sometimes an R or a T is stamped after the machine serial #. Otherwise pull the cover with the dipstick, off, and look inside. I can tell which one you have if you post a picture, or describe the difference if you want. I'll have to check my notes, the drums look different. The Rockwell shuttle is preferred over the Twin Disc shuttle. All the torque converter units are the same design, probably made by Twin Disc, but I not sure of this. Phil
Thanks I wil try and get some pictures. also, check the serial number
hi all i have a 580g which has the slidding back hoe with those little hydrolic clamps to stop it moving. i was wondering does any one know how to change the seal in them?
Check your post in the 580G thread, I've answered you question there