I picked this up yesterday for $1000. I think it was off a crawler loader or other machine that required the operator to sit up that high. Got an extra dipper cylinder for it. Hoping to mount it on a tractor someday. What do you think? Phil
I think that's a heck of a good idea! You need to get busy...'cause I want to see it! Might have to hang some weights on the front of the tractor. Looks like it's set up with the old Case three stick controls with foot pedal swing. Nice find.
This 33 backhoe could have come off an old 450 crawler or a 580CK. They both used the same backhoe. The chrome on the older cylinders was so much better than now. You could see your reflection in the rod. Parts are still easy to get for these hoes.
Interesting, I didn't know what machine Case put this hoe on. Quite a weight on a farm tractor, going to have to be a larger model. I'm hoping to find a Case 580 with a loader. I remember talking to a machine shop foreman once about re-chroming. They got a lot of this work done because they made cylinders and invented designs, including the one that burrows under roads. He said that the chrome shops are always trying to skimp on the chrome thickness, due to the cost and time involved. They always insisted on .040" and would check it at the rod eye end. The flash chrome of today won't stand too much abuse or weather. I'm always amazed how the little Case tractor survived with the heavy loader and hoe attached to it. Maybe it's because the loader frame and hoe were pinned together and the tractor was just along for the ride . Forty years ago, I remember the farmer down the road going right down the center of a wet ditch and re-digging it with a 530 Case hoe. I was amazed that he could lift the machine up so easily with the hoe, in the mud, and move it. I wonder if at the time there were any other competitor machines that could compare in that situation. Phil
That's an old hoe! Here's a 580ck with a similar hoe. NOT a 580C Ck.
Wow, I'd love to find that deal down here to put on my CASE 350 crawler loader. All the CASE backhoe attachments I've seen are selling in the $3K range or higher and don't last long even at those prices.
i dont quite understand the lift cyl, is it off-set? it looks to pin on one side of the boom? Pj
Yes they were offset, not by much. The 480 hoe had the boom cylinder offset considerably more. Phil
Is it me or is the boom cylinder bent in the middle.
The boom and the dipper cylinders are next to each other so you're seeing both of them and it's an illusion. I'm pretty sure they're straight.
The ones with a seat were on loaders ( W12 ? I think )as well as crawlers and I am pretty sure they were on several models of both They also put them on some tractors with the farm designation - but I do not know if they had seat on them I think I have a number of parts manuals for them from different machines - if you need a scan for something let me know - there should be a serial number on it
Can You imagine sitting on that seat in front of the radiator on loader. My weather has been hot ans humid - A few minutes and they could stick fork in ya and call ya well done!
It looks like the same hoe as on my 530 ck,; a little beat up but well worth the price.