Hi, everybody. Trying to replace a missing stop cable on my machine. But the screw is missing out of the brass collar . looking at my parts manual it shows if I remove screws 29 and 31 I should be able to remove the stop lever, I did this but the stop lever will not move or separate . A sharp blade would not work, acts like its welded. I was looking at page 145 in my manual and 27 and 28 are the parts in question. Just need to get a screw to secure the center of the stop cable. Anybody have any info? Thanks and Merry Christmas all from jerry
Love to offer some advice Jerry, but I'm baffled by your description & without the same parts book, I'm guessing, most others will be as well. Does this show what you are describing??
Thanks for the reply alrman. I should have looked at the parts book a little more slowly?? There is a screw in the end of the shaft. it looked like the shaft extending through the lever, but is a socket head screw. Sure thank you for the reply and a merry Christmas and happy New year from jerry
Check the threads in the brass collar, you should not have to replace the lever as the screw is a general thread and general machine screw, a set of electrical wire cutters will have a screw shear built in and you can cut a machine screw to length you want for the retainer. Most likely is a 10/32 or 10/24 threaded screw, some are as large as a 8/24 or as small as a 12/32 The screw size is the first number 8 or 10 or 12, the next is the thread count 24 or 32, you can buy literally bags of these for change. You can even use allen headed if not Phillips head or standard bit screws. BTW, for those with starting or shutting down while using issues, that 90 degree fitting above the #38 nut is the check ball fitting that usually collects so much crud it seals the pump case and pressurizes it.
Thanks for the reply Dmiller I'm trying to replace these screws (that were missing when I got this machine) while the pump in on the case, working over the arms to the loader,, Guess I could raise the loader up , but I would have too scrape up some safety might chain the bucket to the cab. I will use socket head or hex head screws. trying not to remove the fuel pump,, But you know how that goes.. from jerry
Best method to block a loader up is to use lift ram blocks as done with the newer machines, a 'U' channel preferably machine formed or as in my case a square pipe(.240 wall thickness) with one wall cut away and 1/4" end caps welded to it with a 'U' notch to straddle the cylinder ram. Measure a cylinder full extended, build the supports(2) one for each side around 1/2" shorter overall from that measure and set in place. Ease the loader back to the stops then shut the machine down. Just maintain a vigilant eye and ear for noises, buckling, etc.