2 of the 4 front work lamps and all 4 rear work lamps quit suddenly. Yes I checked the fuses and they are good, before I dig deeper has anyone had this problem? Operator smelled hot electric burning smell before they quit, when I opened the side fuse box the HVAC blower fuse was burned but didn't trip, any coincidence?? Matt
It is not uncommon for the connections in the fuse block to melt and cause this problem. I remove the circuit from the block and use a seperate fuse holder when the units are out of warranty. Like any high draw electric circuit the weakest link will heat until it opens. Could be the switch or any of the wiring connections. If it was hot enough to give off a strong odor it should be visible when you find the problem.
Check the relays in the fuse block. the 1"cube style. we had one go out. If you pull it out it should show a sign of being burnt on the underside. If that is what it is, they can be had at napa or any auto parts. Same as a blower motor relay for a 1992 ford econoline van.
Thanks for the responses, i will look at it tomorrow
had a simalar problem , a case mechanic friend said factory fuse not satisfactory for all lights at same time had to install sub fuse for half of the lights , problem solved
Army I think you may be correct. I took off the plastic housing and really dove into this. I took out the fuse block as it appears the fuse block may be overheating and starting to burn off connection on the top row. I had to move my 4 rear work lamps wire and move it to the (spare) fuse setting as the original one has no power. Some of the fuses are still getting power in the block however those in the top row seem to be powerless. I will install a separate wire and aux fuse holder for the remaining two front work lights. I also notice all the fuse settings do not hold the fuses tight anymore and may be causing arcing and that may have ruined the fuse block. I looked into just a block but case wants $1200 for the block plus complete wire harness - no thanks I notice my blower fuse and this is the 2nd one in a week is burned but not tripped
Are you saying the contact surfaces are burned or arced on the fuse? I'd check the amp draw on the blower, maybe it's failing and that's what caused the heat that led to this in the first place. Pull a fuse block out of a junk car and use that to feed any circuits that are showing signs of heating up in the old fuse block. Just don't keep running it until it starts on fire.