Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B Clutch at top

DandW ยท 2020-09-27 09:31

I have a mid to upper 70's Case 580B with the dry clutch system. I had a new clutch put in it a few years back and I don't use it a lot. In the past few times using it I noticed that the clutch is right at the top of the peddle. It still seems to engage properly with no noticeable slipping. Is there a way to adjust the clutch to give more peddle ? I am concerned that it may not be completely engaging.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-09-27 21:21

    Here is a link to the service manual. Section 60 has the clutch info. You will need a .pdf viewer to read it. https://www.minnpar.com/manuals5.as...LS&SSSFName=CASE 580CK MODEL B SERVICE MANUAL

  2. #2DandW2020-09-28 10:23

    Thank you Tinkerer... I will have a look when I login with my computer. Too small to see on phone Thanks again.

  3. #3DandW2020-09-29 08:42

    That was very helpful thank you. Got it adjusted adjusted and is now down the 1" - 1 1/4" as recommended Thanks for the help and fast response....