I have a 72 Case 580b backhoe that will hardly go forward. On a perfectly flat surface it will move slowly with almost full throttle. It will move going backwards just fine. Any ideas what it could be? I don't kno much about these machines and kind of bought it sight unseen and am now stuck with this problem
Also according to the pressure gauge it's in the green in neutral and reverse. In forward it drops down in the red. After warming up for about a half hour the tire will spin forward with the tractor in the air but as soon as you set it down it stops. Also if you take the dipstick out when the shifter on the floor is in the neutral position fluid will overflow out of the hole. I drained the fluid about 4 1/2 gallons of fluid came out. Was not milky but dark in color