Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580b hydraulic problems

gyman98 · 2018-10-10 19:37

sorry for the long winded post, just want to have as much info out there as possible. I recently bought a 580B backhoe for a good price as it had been sitting for a number of years. The previous owner had said he lost hydraulic pressure and removed the pump to get it repaired, he then lost the pump. I got it running and brought it home , found a used pump that the guy says worked fine before he dismantled the machine. Put it on and seems like not enough pressure, can’t move most circuits, I put a gauge in the main loader valve as seen in the picture. Getting 400-500psi at most. I also removed what I think is the relief valve, disassembled it and cleaned it and reinstalled. No change Anyone have any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-10-10 20:54

    There are many things that can cause your problem. Did you change the filter ? Go here and download the service manual. ----> http://www.minnparbackhoeparts.com/...HOE MANUALS&SFName=CNH (CASE) Service Manuals

  2. #2Tinkerer2018-10-10 20:55

    There are many things that can cause your problem. Did you change the filter ? Go here and download the service manual. ----> http://www.minnparbackhoeparts.com/catalogs3.asp?FName=BACKHOE MANUALS&SFName=CNH (CASE) Service Manuals

  3. #3gyman982018-10-10 21:02

    Yes new filter, fluid level is good, breathers are good, suction line is tight and new. Thanks for the link, trying to download the manual now