I have a Case 580B and am getting ready to rebuild the power steering pistons as they are leaking badly. Does anyone have experience with these pistons? I have removed the three screws and the cover plate, but can't see how the gland nut comes off (the parts manual doesn't make it look like its threaded) Can anyone offer some insight as to how to fix this? Thanks, Chip
Remove the 3 screws & tap the gland back into the cyl a little. There will be a snap ring to remove & then pull the rod assembly out. They sometimes can be a little stubborn to come out, as the snap ring groove gets a ridge on it. Parts pic here ->
Thanks alrman...I'll give that a try tonight!
Hello I have a 1978 case 580b that I bought seals for that don't fit, does anybody know where to find a right seals. The gland has 3 screw and a plate. Need help
You can go to www.mycnhistore.com click on the skid steer pic and then click model and type in 58b that will give you what you need as far as a kit number then look it up online. Most people change those out to the newer style.