Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B Reverse slowly engages while in forward. Moves in reverse with clutch pedal depressed.

shersch ยท 2018-12-29 00:14

Good old machine that has earned its keep but I would like to keep it alive if possible. Machine seems strong in reverse but when engaging forward it feels like reverse pressure slowly builds fighting drive. Can sometimes shift to reverse and neutral then move forward for a few feet until reverse pressure builds again. The crazy scary thing is it sometimes goes in reverse even with the clutch pedal pressed down. Pressure is good on the panel gauge. Hoping for a valve problem but worried the reverse pressure is leaking through the clutch to the drive side. The weird part is why it still has reverse with the clutch pedal pushed. Shouldn't this dump all clutch pressure? ,Thanks!!!!

Replies3
  1. #1Mnash502592018-12-29 18:40

    I would start with checking the clutch pedal dump adjustment as well as the shuttle lever linkage.

  2. #2shersch2018-12-30 06:20

    Thank you! I have checked the clutch dump measurement and inspected shift valve operation but don't know how to measure or check proper adjustment

  3. #3Mnash502592018-12-30 14:26

    Good info here, HeavyEquipmentForums