Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580b shuttle questions

nevereasy ยท 2013-02-13 17:36

Hi guys, new to post here, but have read alot of very useful info recently. I am working on a 1972 case 580b that I recently bought and have some questions about the shuttle pump. I have the shuttle pump out on the bench (we'll leave all the gorry details how I got to this point for another time) and found out that I broke the keyway on the gear for the pump. The pump looks ok, but I am not putting this all back together without replacing what I can. Does anyone know of a reliable, trust worthy site that has parts for these old machines. Thanks in advance....Joe

Replies8
  1. #1trevor b2013-02-13 18:37

    wengers of myerstown / broken tractor / joseph industries / have had good luck with all three trevor b

  2. #2nevereasy2013-02-13 20:44

    thanks trevor b, I found wengers...broken tractor does not list what I need so I'll try joseph industries

  3. #3trevor b2013-02-14 03:37

    broken tractor is also a salvage yard trevor b

  4. #4trevor b2013-02-14 03:47

    broken tractor also a salvage yard trevor b

  5. #5sr-oz2013-02-14 06:20

    I bought a new aftermarket shuttle pump from Dale at Tractor Stuff for my 580 B. He was very helpful.

  6. #6nevereasy2013-02-14 15:12

    I actually found out that the pump is fine, but I broke the keyway on the shaft which messed up the gear. So I actually need a gear.

  7. #7Tinkerer2013-02-14 16:59

    Is this the pump ? The gear is # G16798. The price is $316.64 on Coleman's website. Try Dale for an aftermarket one. He is the best I have ever dealt with when it comes to finding parts.

  8. #8nevereasy2013-02-16 21:17

    Thank you for the info. Just ordered some gaskets from coleman. I am having a machinist friend of mine fix my gear, but if for some reason he can't fix it, now I know where to get one. He said he has to bore the whole center out and make a new one due to it being egg shaped on the inside, then heliarc the new piece in.