Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B Shuttle Testing Out Of The Machine????

Cessna49 ยท 2020-01-02 08:48

Hello, Ive read a lot of the threads on here about the shuttle problems these 580B's are prone to, I have a question I haven't been able to find the answer to on here. Can the shuttle be tested out of the machine? I have one that is out of a backhoe that was parted out, I just bought another 580B that isn't running but heard through the grape vine it had transmission issues before the engine blew. I don't want to put an engine in without also addressing the shuttle but I don't know if either are good or which one is in better condition then the other. Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2020-01-04 19:29

    As far as I know there is no way to test the shuttle outside of the machine. Best thing to do is rebuild the engine and then tackle shuttle issue.