Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C case backhoe has no power

Dougs 580 · 2020-01-02 01:50

My case 580c has limited power on the backhoe and will not do 2 operations at the same time (bucket, dipper,etc.). Checked the pressure at the loader valve (it was at spec) Replaced o-rings in outlet on loader valve, and checked the re-generation circuit in the backhoe valve. Still the same problem. Any suggestions ?

Replies12
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-01-02 05:35

    Doug, hows the power otherwise ?? I'm trying to figure out if its an engine or hydro problem..

  2. #2Dougs 5802020-01-02 12:38

    The engine has no problems, has new injectors and pump. Runs up to rpm no problem. The loader operation has plenty of power. Its only the backhoe operation that is a problem.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2020-01-04 19:26

    If you bottom out one function ie. boom, dipper, etc does any other function try to work. Such as if you bottom out the dipper cyl. does the whole boom try to swing or boom up or bucket curl or visa versa.

  4. #4Dougs 5802020-01-06 11:09

    Coy If you operate the dipper no other function will operate. Also when you operate the dipper it pulls the boom down (extends the cylinders). Was testing yesterday to answer you question and with the dipper bottomed out tried to bottom out the boom and when it was close to bottoming out it started jerking. Did not mention previously but hyd oil and filter in machine was just changed in machine to see if it made any difference in functions.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2020-01-06 18:36

    It sounds like the load check O-rings are probably bad. The load checks are under the circuit relief valves. Also check the power beyond o-ring at the outlet side of the loader control valve.

  6. #6Dougs 5802020-01-06 22:07

    Coy Thanks for the input. I am putting together a test rig to check the pressure relief valves in the spools. I assume if the O-rings are bad it would show up in a pressure test ?

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2020-01-07 07:25

    Let me know how it goes.

  8. #8Dougs 5802020-01-27 12:20

    Coy I replaced all the O-rings in the valve. When I took it apart there were no O rings on the load check plugs. I installed the O rings per the part number in the parts book. When finished I tried to set the secondary relief valve pressure per the manual. None of the A or B ports would hold pressure. Any ides whats wrong ?

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2020-01-27 14:23

    What pressure could you set circuit reliefs to.

  10. #10Dougs 5802020-01-27 18:11

    The only one I could set was the boom Downforce which is only 700psi. The others would bleed of the pressure around 1800 psi as fast as I could pump. So could only get the pressure up to that.

  11. #11old and slow2020-01-27 18:21

    You might want to look at your pump, pressure is resistance to flow. You need flow for circuits to work. When pumps get worn they will bypass internal. You need a flow gauge to check it.

  12. #12Coy Lancaster2020-01-27 22:13

    Readjust you’re main relief pressure on loader control valve to 2350psi. When you adjust your circuit relief valves turn them back or up as needed to main relief pressure then 1/4 turn more for setting of circuit relief.