Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B swing tower thrust bearings

sovt2017 · 2018-04-11 15:47

I am rebuilding the swing tower on my 1974 Case 580B. I’ve looked online for replacement thrust bearings. Anyone have a source for these. Part number D 50132. Perhaps a cross reference from another model? Thanks Mike

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-04-11 20:42

    Where did you find that part number. Are you sure it is correct ? Where exactly is it located on the tower ?

  2. #2sovt20172018-04-12 04:01

    They are located on the swing tower and the stabilizer mount. I did finally find them at Case Parts $43.00 per. Couldn’t find them at any of the online suppliers.

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-04-12 08:16

    A 2 1/4 inch ID machine washer would probably work. Maybe case $3.00.

  4. #4alrman2018-04-12 19:35

    Those thrust washers will be hardened - CNH has a really expensive hardening procedure Maybe buy mild steel washers or have some made & then harden them yourself. maybe there are cheaper, similar sizes options? (may require some modification) D50132 - 57.15mm ID - 114.3mm OD - 7.94mm thick D90863 - 58.35mm ID - 130.00mm OD - 6.00mm thick D61076 - 46.00mm ID - 114.00mm OD - 4.78mm thick

  5. #5Billrog2018-04-12 21:20

    Not sure if I'm on the same page but I didn't want to pay case $40 for a shim washer on my 580K boom so went to a machine shop and the guy suggested self lubricating blue plastic so I told him to go for it . 2 years later it was still going strong carrying the weight of the boom with no signs of wear $5 he charged me.

  6. #6Tinkerer2018-04-13 08:44

    You got lucky finding that guy Billrog. I never knew such washers existed. Any washer will last a while if it is greased often. Any steel washer can be hardened by heating it cherry red and quenching it in oil. New oil or used oil doesn't matter. I missed typed in my earlier post about the cost of those machine washers. I buy them for between $1.00 and $3.00 at a local hardware store.