Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580b what is this reservoir canister?

Papa Thunder · 2021-11-11 21:02

Hello everyone, new to the forum and would like to thank everyone in advance for the help i have already received just reading through these threads. I have recently scored a 74 580b and everything seems to work great. I would like to keep it that way so i have a complete fluid change on slate. I am getting familiar with the machine as i go. Most is self explanatory, but i found one reservoir just behind the alternator that looks like it is hydraulic oil. Is it some sort of external reservoir??? I have looked high and low in the service manuals i have i can’t find it anywhere. Here is a pic… any help would be greatly appreciated…

Replies3
  1. #1580bob2021-11-11 21:22

    power steering pump and reservoir

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-11-11 22:17

    Welcome to HEF, PT ! Click on this link for all the free manuals you need for your 580B. -----> https://minnpar.com/manuals5.aspx?F...) 580 SERIES PARTS MANUALS&SSSFName=CASE 580B

  3. #3Papa Thunder2021-11-12 00:36

    Thank you i did find it about five minutes ago in the manual lol…