Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580BCK electrical wiring diagram

jerrywf ยท 2013-10-29 05:21

I have a service manual, But the diagram/ schematic stinks, I am trying to repair all the instruments and jn need of a key switch and a fuse holder also a lite switch. Also would like to confirm 85/140 can be used in trans and Diff. I would be thankful for any info on the parts as the best place to locate such also a low cost seat. Thank any one for any help. jerrywf

Replies6
  1. #1wi4x4man2013-10-29 21:46

    Is this gas or diesel? Is this a mechanical shuttle or power shuttle?

  2. #2jerrywf2013-10-30 01:05

    Its diesel 580BCK shuttle shift

  3. #3wi4x4man2013-10-30 09:49

    Okay... For the key switch, light switch, and fuse holder, you can just go get those at your local auto parts store (unless you want original Case parts) and you can make them work. The only gauges on this machine that would be electrical are the fuel gauge and the temperature gauge as both of those have single wire senders (the signal wire comes from the sender and the ground goes through the frame of the machine). The only thing else it has that is electrical are the idiot lights for oil pressure and trans temperature. However, those are just switches that activate at low pressure and high temperature respectively. If they are working properly, the oil light will turn on when you turn the key on and will shut off when the engine has developed enough pressure through a pressure switch. The trans temp light will not come on unless the temperature exceeds that of the switches threshold. All the other gauges are mechanical in operation (trans pressure and tach). These engines are true mechanical engines. In other words, once they are started they will run until you shut off the fuel supply at the injection pump. If you turn the key off, it won't shut off. The key is only used to engage the starter or just supply power to the gauges, lights, alternator excite, etc depending on if you have a two position key (on-off) with a push button to start the engine (that is how mine is set up). If you don't have the push button to start, a three position key switch is all that you really need (off, run, start). Attached is a picture of how these things are set up. I drew it up with a three position key switch (no pushbutton start). I hope it makes sense as I just scribbled it onto a piece of scratch paper I had laying on my desk here. View attachment CASE 580B SIMPLE WIRE SCHEMATIC.pdf Keep in mind that if your machine is anything like mine, all of your wires have cracked insulation and you might as well re-wire the entire machine. In terms of wire colors, I don't even remember what the original wire colors were and used the following layout for my setup: Black: Ground Red: Power White: Start Purple: Alternator Excite Blue: Engine Temp Yellow: Fuel Level Gray: Trans Temp Light Green: Oil Pressure Light Orange: Lights In terms of where to get a seat from, there are a number of suppliers out there but I have never bought one for mine and continue to use the original even though it would be nice to have a new seat. As for the gear oil, I assume you mean the rear end and the gear shift area, correct? In mine I use 80W90 gear oil as is recommended in the service manual I have. For the torque converter and power shuttle however, use a tractor hydraulic fluid, not gear oil. Otherwise you will never be able to make it move until the oil is hotter than the blazes of hell and damnation. Hope this helps.

  4. #4jerrywf2013-10-30 17:10

    Thanks for the reply' Your info is well taken. My main concern was because these switches , and gauges are for the most part are exposed to the weather. I am thinking it may be a good idea to consider marine parts. The run of the mill local auto parts don't last very long. I say this because I have used such on my farm tractor and other equipment and have had to often replace such over and over. Being retired I am rebuilding this old Case for two reasons , one is a project I enjoy and I have a bunch of Elm trees over taking my field. I ask a lot of questions of this forum Because the repair manual is vague about some subjects, and I am relying on the expert advise gathered on this Forum. I thank you and all the members for the help you have given. You are a great bunch of guys, the best forum I have ever been on Thank you for your help from jerry

  5. #5wi4x4man2013-10-30 17:33

    Well, I see your point there about the components. And given the fact that I am a boating fanatic, one who works on their own boats too, I can certainly understand where you are coming from. I guess that I have the luxury of working at a company that deals with designing, building, and selling diesel driven power units and equipment so I have access to good components that I know do not fail after getting wet or are used for a number of years. As for your comments about the service manual... Really? You have to be kidding!!! In case you didn't know, I was being VERY sarcastic!!! The manual SUCKS for this machine! The only other service manuals I have ever dealt with (aside from this one, a few marine ones, and auto manuals) are John Deere manuals which in my opinion are of the highest quality that I have ever used. Everything you could ever want to know are in them including how to disassemble with actual pictures. Glad that I could be of help with this.

  6. #6jerbucc12026-08-11 16:57

    I know this is old, but I'm glad I found it. Thanks so much to wi4x4man for the wiring diagram. The service manual diagram is confusing and is pretty much useless.