Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580BCK Hoe teeth?

jerrywf ยท 2013-11-17 14:19

Hi, Everybody, A total crappy day in East Tn, I am looking for info on the replacement teeth for the hoe. I found the number on the welded on shanks and the number is 12S1A823, Looked on the Coleman web site and find KIT230SP 5 pack (my bucket has 4 teeth) The web says 23 series Horizontal flex pin. Wonder if I am on the right trail, and also want the best type. Can anyone help with any info ? Sure thank you all for the help on this machine from jerry

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2013-11-18 06:35

    Did you happen to read about choosing the right bucket teeth on Coleman's website ? Here is a link to the web page in case you didn't. http://www.colemanequip.com/HowToSelectABucketTooth.asp The 23 series teeth are used on thousands of buckets. If you want the best type of tooth it depends on what you are digging in.If you are not in a lot of rock or concrete those teeth in that kit are a good value for the money. It comes with a pin removal tool. I have never used one of those tools. I use a cutting torch to burn the rubber out of the flex pin when I need to change teeth.

  2. #2jerrywf2013-11-18 20:40

    Thanks for the reply tinkerer, Did read and thought the series 23 were the best choice. north west Tennessee is mostly red clay and no rocks. The pins were no trouble to remove, the rubber was gone. The holes in the shanks are in very good shape, One tooth was missing and the rest are worn to the nub. So I would guess my question is answered . Just a few things more to do such as a sack full of new grease fittings and I'll be ready for the smoke test?? Thanks again for all the help. from jerry

  3. #3bowen2013-11-19 05:22

    The Coleman web page has lots of information on the different types of teeth. http://www.colemanequip.com/TeethAndEdges.asp My 18" trenching bucket had 4 of the crimp style teeth and I ordered the kit of 5 to replace them. I do not have them on yet but they will work. The kit gives you a spare, unless you decide to weld on all 5. They fit a tad loose on my bucket as if I need to add a 1/8" spacer under one side before welding them on. I'm not sure what rod to use yet, and some say the parts need to be preheated to do the welding.