Hello! I am new to Heavy Equipment Forum. I just purchased a 1976 Case 580C Serial #8954027 to use on my small farm. Can anyone advise me on the correct manuals needed to service and maintain this machine. Almost everything seems to work, it has lots of hydraulic leaks, fuel injector pump leaks, and the brakes need attention. I plan to do the repair work myself and would appreciate any advice as I have never owned or operated a backhoe. Thanks!
580C Manual Good evening, you can find service manuals online in PDF form, they are your best bet and easy to use, print out what you want and carry it to the shop with you, good machine quiet easy to work on, Good luck, DW
Thanks for the quick reply! The online manual selections are confusing and some are pricey. How do I figure out the correct manual for this machine.
Hello. I have recently purchased a 580C too. I was lucky to have Owners, Service, and Parts manuals come with it. I have used the PDF manuals for some other things around here and they are an inexpensive alternative. just make sure they are factory manuals and not a "Clymer" or some other brand. Like maybe this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Manuals-C...=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item4d140f94bd I find it easier to thumb through a paper manual though. The numbers on my books are: Parts book has no front cover so ?? The Service manual 9-66018 is a must have. The Operators manual 9-4976 is a smaller 150 page book that is quite helpful. It has all the fluid types and how to do routine maintenance. It also goes into how to operate the machine- a lot more than just this lever does this, this gauge reads this.. etc It also has some pictures that for me, have a high entertainment value. I'm not sure what this one means- either don't daydream about your wife at work or don't eat your lunch in a trench,
jackleg, Thanks for the info. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.