My Owners manual states that a grease adapter was supplied with the extendahoe. I don't have this fitting and the dealer tells me its just a 90 degree grease fitting. It looks like more that that. What is this fitting? Is there a part number for it? where do I get one? Currently I've just smeared grease on the wear surfaces with a putty knife and ran it back and forth a few times. I'm only using the boom portion to lower up and down to fit in/out of the barn right now, but I'd like to have it all ready to go before its needed. Thanks
Look up a plews 05-042 needle tip, their are many kits on line with all types of adapters to help with greasing, painting it on will not hurt, does not take much.
You can buy grease fittings that have a barbed tube that is designed to be driven in instead of screwed in. That might fit your holes, as an adapter. I might even tap the holes and put zerks in most of them.
Is this it ??
The holes were never intended to have fittings left in them just to lube thru, the use of a putty knife and smearing grease on will do as well just messy. You wish to use their method just push a zerk onto a tube that will fit into the holes on the gun and hold the assembly in the holes, also messy but the way designed. They were just trying to get grease on the faces of the extendable portion.
I didn't think to look in the parts manual for a "tool"- that's it- the grease fitting extension nozzle.. Plews 05-042 looks like about the same thing I dug around and picked out some 30+ year old hardened grease. It looks like the holes through the dipper housing line up with blind holes in the dipper arm when its retracted. So the the blind holes are grease wells that dont go anywhere- just hold a little grease to smear out on the inside of the housing when operating. Thanks