Good day all! Cold in Central Alabama (for here) at 26 degrees F! Brrr. Last night I ordered O-rings to rebuild my stabilizer actuator valve as it's leaking from the top of the spools. I was ordering parts based on my Case 580B CK manual. Parts are supposed to be here tomorrow. This morning I go to the machine to start disconnecting and removing the valve. I have some issues with my backhoe valve not working any of the boom functions, so as I was troubleshooting and tracing hydraulic lines, I quickly notice that things don't look like they do in the manual. Also, the stabilizer valve doesn't look like the picture in the manual. Upon closer inspection I notice a tag on the backhoe valve. It clearly says G33071. I check the manual and it shows the part number for the valve starting with a D and a 5XXXX (don't remember the X numbers) and I quickly ascertain that I don't have the original valve installed. I get on the net and after a few minutes of searching I find that my backhoe valve came off of a 580C! I don't suppose ALL of the O-rings and the one backup ring I ordered for the 580B stabilizer valve will be the same part numbers on the 580C stabilizer valve? I don't have a manual for a 580C...
The design of the valve should be the same and seals should work. Check the part numbers for the 580C valve and see if they are the same.
Thanks for your reply Coy. My hardcopy parts manual for the 580C won't be here until Monday. The CNH online manual is not cooperating with my browser(s) but it seems that the two valves are different including the part numbers. While they may use some of the same O-rings, I can't really tell what goes were or if I have all of the ones required. Got the shipment in today from Grainger to rebuild the 580B valve that I ordered before understanding that my valve block is from a 580C. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll have everything already to start the job. If not, just a little more research and compiling to see what is required and another week to wait for the parts to arrive.
From the parts book. FWIW. Which isn't much. (35) - LOADER AND BACKHOE FOR 580CK SERIES B (1/73-12/83) (202) - G33071 BACKHOE CONTROL VALVE, G33072 SWING SECTION Case Constructuion​
I have uploaded Case 580C Service Manual that I bought a few months ago. I hope it helps you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2tXuCEf74z5WKV4Esn_Z3OIF0sOY1Ec/view?usp=sharing
That is interesting. My parts book does have no mention of this.
Your #35 backhoe has the original control valve in it. The part number on your control valve tag was superseded by Case to - G100244. That particular valve was installed on many different Case machines that had the 35 backhoe attachment on them.
I am confused. My manual, which shows a model 35 backhoe, does not show this particular valve in any of its parts listing. I believe what you say, however, I still need a parts list for this valve. DayanB gave me a link to a 580C parts manual and I should have a hardcopy arriving today. Is the valve I mentioned, the G33071 or whatever it was superseded by, is it the same valve that is on a 580C?
I appreciate the link. I went straight to the hydraulic section for the backhoe control valve. Unfortunately, I don't see where it has exploded diagrams to the valve nor does it have any part number listings. It's possible that I may have missed it as I didn't go through all 700+ pages. I will look further.
This is the only option for a backhoe control valve that my manual shows. Unfortunately, this is not the valve that is on my model 35 Backhoe. The one on the backhoe is, as I said before G33071 as the tag on the valve says. All I really need is an exploded drawing of this valve and sections along with a part number list. I'm not using Case parts so I'm having to cross reference O-rings anyway. As of this moment... 12:23 CST, I do not have that. Several people have tried to help and I appreciate their efforts... Tinkerer has replied much. I still don't have what I need. Hoping that the manual that is supposed to arrive today has what I need.
580C parts book came in today. It shows the valve I have on my 580B with the exploded diagram and parts list. Should be what I need. I guess I'll start compiling and cross-referencing that list now...
I'm glad you got the correct manual, Glen. It is probably the Cessna valve #G33071 in your new book. That description I posted in post #6 is for the swing section in the Cessna G33701 control valve. I should have posted the stabilizer section for you. The image you posted is the Commercial valve. Case used both of them in the #35 backhoe. I learned many years Case used two different control valves in the same model backhoes. Not just the #35 either. That causes no end of confusion when anyone needs parts for them. It is super confusing due to there being two different (Commercial and Cessna) control valves in the same parts book.
OK, I've been a busy guy today, or at least busy for me. First off, I reassembled my stabilizer valve installing new O-rings, all 4 of them. I then reinstalled the valve back on the machine, connected all the lines and tested it out. Great. No more streams of fluid leaking from the spools! Making progress. Second, I removed the backhoe valve. Didn't take as much as I thought to get it out. I used the forks on my Deere 5065e to lift the heavy beast out of position. I can't even begin to think what I would have done if I had to rely on my body strength to get it out. At 40, maybe. At 61, not a chance! I've included some pictures. One showing the valve sections separated from each other, one showing the boom section somewhat cleaned and disassembled and one close-up of the end of the check valves showing where O-rings should go and where none were present. I don't know enough about how the system works to know what symptoms would present if these rings are missing as they were. I'll bet it's not good! I've placed another order with Grainger for 5 different types of O-rings that I was able to cross-reference from the manual and the internet. Says they will be here tomorrow. They lie. Maybe Friday but I'd put money on Saturday or Monday. I need 4 spool seals from CaseIH and it just so happened their online parts store was down when I wanted to order the seals. I'll check back several times again tonight before I give up. Not looking forward to tearing into those check valves. Looks a bit intricate to me. Oh, forgot to mention, I checked the pressure of the pump today. About 2100-2200 with the stabilizer cylinder bottomed out. Glad to know the pump is good.
I was having trouble figuring out parts for my stabilizer valve on my 580B. According to the shop manual my unit did not have the "correct" valve that has the retainer plates held down by 4 screws. From my research the 580B also came with a stabilizer valve made by Cessna 3904. They made three different variants of this valve AAA, AAC, and AAE. Mine was stamped AAE. I can verify that the AAE needs four (4) of the #4 o-rings ( part # 9706714) and has the structure of the spool valve on the right of the attached picture. One Oring goes on the bottom of the spool valve above the cap when inserting it back into the housing and one goes inside the top of the body where the spool valve comes through the top of the body. I believe if you have the AAA or the AAC your structure will be the set up on the left and you'll need o-rings 2 #15 ( part # 2229317) and 2 #17 ( part # 272142). Hope this helps somebody down the road.