Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydro oil leak coming from around the starter area on my 555c backhoe

rph123157 · 2023-11-02 13:52

The Ford 555c backhoe was willed to me by my father-in-law. I have limited knowledge of the tractor but have a owners manual and some mechanical knowledge. I had noticed the hydro leaking from around the starter area for some time when FIL was alive but he said would cost $$ to fix it. What am I dealing with here and will it be able to be fixed without robbing a bank?! Tired of buying buckets of hydro!!!!

Replies5
  1. #1cosmaar12023-11-02 22:20

    Pictures would be nice. I have a 555e and there are a few hoses in that area and the transmission fill tube is there. Not sure if the C is the same.

  2. #2rph1231572023-11-07 17:11

    Hey, I just realized that the backhoe is a 655c.

  3. #3swgodawgs2026-06-09 06:56

    I know this is an old post but I’m having the same issues on a 555c any information would be greatly appreciated!!

  4. #4Deere500a2026-06-11 10:52

    Involved hydraulic oil out the starter means the engine has to be pulled out get to the torque converter & seals to see what failed

  5. #5swgodawgs2026-06-11 12:20

    Thanks for the info ! Any idea how bad of job this is thanks!