Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c backhoe/loader

DJCAMP ยท 2026-09-08 20:16

I have recently purchased a case 580c used backhoe. I am trying to find the machine serial#. I have looked everywhere the case service manual says to no avail. I wonder if someone who has a 580c and can send a picture of where it is located on your machine. There is no indication that there ever was any model tag riveted to the plastic dash panel, no rivet holes, and I can't find anything stamped on the frame. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Wishope2026-09-08 21:39

    On a 580C, the serial plate is usually on the left side of the dash, just inside the left cab door, or sometimes on the left frame rail under the door area. If there are no rivet holes or any sign of a plate, it may have been removed over the years. I would also check carefully around the left frame rail for a stamped number, and make sure you are not looking at the ROPS or attachment tags, since the loader/backhoe can have separate serial numbers. If the machine tag is gone, the engine, backhoe, and other component numbers may still help a Case dealer narrow it down, especially if the original components are still together.

  2. #2stinky642026-09-09 10:19

    There's a pic from 580C operators manual for all the sn"s locations, don't know why it loaded sideways . The other is where my SN is l/s of dash under the window on ROPS support

  3. #3Simon C2026-09-09 10:52

    Not the best picture, but 10 out of 10 for effort. LOL At least you tried, and the information is legit.. Simon C

  4. #4stinky642026-09-09 17:17

    It was raining this morning, when I loaded the pic figured good enough, description should work, wasn't going back out there.