The swivel fitting on both sides of the boom are leaking on my 580c. New fittings are obscenely expensive. Has anyone had success in rebuilding these? I've read through some old threads and it seems like people have had mixed results with rebuilding them. I think I found the part numbers for the o-ring and plastic ring (D61902 and 16202). I'm wondering if I should try replacing the seals/rings, or maybe just attach the hose directly to the cylinder and eliminate the swivel fitting entirely. I've read that some people have done that without issues. If I do just connect the hose directly to the cylinder, what kind of adapter would I need? Thanks!
Hydraulic swivel joints like your Case OEM are available to purchase from a lot of different vendors. Case (CNH) is notorious for continually raising the price on replacement parts as the number of them in their inventory decreases.
When I got my C those fittings were puking fluid, new o-rings and back-up rings fixed it. Page #242 & 243 in my parts manual shows swivel assy. breakdown. Shows o-ring #16202, b/u ring #D61902, got my parts direct from the mothership were a bit pricey but 9 years in and no leaks.
Thanks for the replies. I don't have a case dealer near me but found a dealer online that will ship them. I rings were like $2 each. Those plastic washers were $8 each and I had to buy a 5 pack. Definitely worth trying to rebuild before replacing the fittings.