Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580M Boom Bushing Replacement Part 5

Bote · 2025-09-26 12:08

I ended up spending about $3500 including the bore repair, new cylinder, two new hoses and miscellaneous hydraulic fittings. I keep a list of all the part numbers I’ll need for future plans and make offers on Ebay for OEM components. This kept my total cost down. I’ve put over 40 hours on the machine since completing the work and it is the tightest backhoe I’ve ever operated. It has over 8000 hours but it’s a joy to operate. Previously, when swinging the boom with a load I had to stop well before 90 degrees, or it would slam because of all the loose bushings. Now, I can swing wide open, and it slows hydraulically and eases into the 90-degree position like it's supposed to. My next “big” project is removing the rear axle and reworking the brakes but I may put that one off until winter after next. This winter, I have to weld a crack in my loader bucket and repair some wear on the bottom. I'll replace the pins/bushings for the loader bucket and probably the main ones for the loader arms. I also have to replace the pin/bushings for the boom to dipper joint as I needed to get the machine back in service and didn’t want to separate the dipper. I’ll also check the pins/bushings for the dipper/bucket cylinders and the far end of the boom cylinder. I also have some work planned for my Case 450C dozer. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about any of this.

Replies0

No replies yet.