Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c engine detonation?

MartinDR1025 ยท 2019-12-14 13:40

About to rebuild this 207 engine I got for my 580C. Looks like some ignition issues?

Replies7
  1. #1jimg9842019-12-14 14:22

    yes, timing and lack of fuel in cylinder

  2. #2MartinDR10252019-12-14 14:28

    Once rebuilt, my plan is to install new injectors

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-12-14 14:48

    Might want to consider having pumpguysc give the ip a tune up.

  4. #4MartinDR10252019-12-14 15:42

    Sounds good. What's it usually run to freshen up a pump ?

  5. #5Tinkerer2019-12-14 16:56

    PM him and he will take care of you. He overhauled mine and it came back looking factory new. It even had new tags on it !

  6. #6RDC_580C2019-12-15 23:23

    x2 on having thepumpguysc go over the thing. I sent him mine when I did my rebuild as the plastic ring in there was a goner anyway and had it rebuilt and upgraded with the metal one. Good guy, and if you don't like his prices, take it to pretty much any diesel shop and get a quote for a rebuild, then you will.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2019-12-16 06:55

    Thanks guys.. Yeah, I'm still around.. I feel & look like I got hit in the face w/ a baseball bat but I'm still here. I'd be happy to look at your pump MartinDR