The 207 engine went out on my case 580c. It made some loud noises and locked up, we drained the engine oil to find it full of coolant as well, so I would guess the block has been damaged. Does any one know a good source for a rebuilt engine? Or a good takeout? Thanks
Lots of decent rebuilders but be prepared for the cost. Depending where you are located will help make your decision. Update your location to your state or metro area and someone will offer a few alternatives. I am having a 188 rebuilt and with a good block and head, expect to spend a few thousand before I see it again, and then I will put a lot of it back together, If you are out west, here is an option... http://www.farmlandtractor.com/ If you are able to do some of the tear down yourself, you can a machine shop check the block, head and crank. They could do the rest for you or if you are capable, you can do the assembly yourself with a manual and some help from the members on this site. Cost will vary but unless you are in a hurry or don't want the project, you could do a lot of this yourself. A complete long block 207 will cost you close to $5000 US. A used take out may be less but comes with its own problems.