Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c no reverse

James Todd ยท 2019-08-25 12:56

I purchased a 580c and used it a few times with no issues. Then lost forward & reverse. I just installed a rebuilt powershuttle and converter. Now I have forward but no reverse. Anyone ever had similar problems?

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2019-08-25 17:28

    Congratulations on your first post @James Todd If the oil level is correct (checked at engine idle) & you have such a problem on a rebuilt shuttle - you only have no other options - Call the rebuilder Pull the shuttle out Send it back to them

  2. #2Cessna492019-08-25 19:29

    I am not sure about a C model but my B model linkage was off and so when you pulled it all the way down it would go past reverse and back into forward, I had to learn the "sweet" spot in order to use reverse. My only recommendation especially since it was just taken apart would be to verify the linkage for the forward and revers is correct. I am assuming it also goes through a valve body on the C model?