Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c opinions wanted

1combatvet2004 ยท 2024-09-15 09:58

A friend's father is selling a Case 580c. I know it's a 2wd machine and is be using it only for my residential property. I have a total of 7 acres and need to dig up some stumps along with taking more trees down, leveling the ground for seeding, and for snow removal for my driveway (300' long pretty much straight and flat). The machine of is in great condition. He had the engine and transmission rebuilt about a year ago, all hydraulic lines replaced, all the fluid replaced, and had it repainted and had the decals replaced. He is very OCD about his stuff he owns including his 3 corvettes. His daughter, my friend, jokingly said that he takes care of his stuff better than his kids... Lol.... He's asking $8500 but I'm sure I could get it cheaper from him because it's me. He only used it for his residence and he's selling it only be because he will be 75 years old this year and don't have a need for it anymore. I'm really leaning towards getting it but someone told me I'd haste it because it's not 4wd. What are your guys thoughts?

Replies4
  1. #1Billrog2024-09-15 11:30

    I had a 580C 2wd for a no. of yrs. nice machine but chains are needed when the ground is slippery with snow.

  2. #2stinky642024-09-15 15:46

    $8500 for a 62hp hydraulic snow shovel with cab and heat doesn't suck especially if it's in the condition you describe, and you get a badass backhoe as well. The new hyd. lines are probably the most expensive part of that rebuild. My driveway is 700 ft. and 580C with chains handles with no problem. One thing to keep in mind is the machine is damn near 12,000 lbs. so depending on ground conditions driving across the yard for stump removal can get tricky.

  3. #3franklin22024-09-17 14:45

    You can steer it good enough when it is slick with the separated rear brakes. If you get a good deal on it and don't like it, you could easily re-sell it.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-09-19 00:06

    Sounds like a great deal.