Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

** 50H Backhoe shuttle shift issue, no uphill operation

Massey87 ยท 2024-09-14 21:04

I bought a 1987 Massey Ferguson 50H Backhoe in January. It has about 3500 hrs. and had not run for a number of years, not sure how long. Been dealing with various issues, but this one seems a little odd. The shuttle shift works fine when on level ground or downhill, but if I go up say a dirt pile, I loose steering and forward reverse movement. First assumption is that it does not have enough fluid in a reservoir somewhere. This brings up another question, do you check hydraulic fluid with tractor running or shut off? Sometimes when I check fluid level it is too high and sometimes it says it needs some. It does not seem to be consistent. All of the filters have been changed, and also oil. Everything in hydraulic fluid looked very clean with no dirt or jelling. I have parts and maintenance manuals but have not come across this issue. I realize that the steering and shuttle work off of the small side pump. I was wondering if anyone has come across this or had any suggestions. Thank you for your time and help.

Replies0

No replies yet.