Hello everyone, I have been working my 580c (CK) pretty hard the past few weeks and developed a problem tonight. I am getting a grinding noise in 1st gear all of a sudden. It is a pretty bad sound. It is the power shuttle model. The noise completely goes away when driving downhill and is most noticeable driving on flat and uphill. The noise is only in 1st, all the rest of the gears are fine. Any ideas on what to look check or is this a common problem? Thank you in advance!
Not really sure what problem you have there boomvan. If it were mine, I would start by draining the transaxle oil & checking for nasties, then lift the floor & remove the gearbox top cover to see the gears. If the noise is only in first gear, I would think it was a gear problem more than a failed bearing on a shaft.