A few weeks ago, forward stopped working although I still have reverse. After the backhoe sat for a few days I could use forward again, checked the fluid level, added some and decided to pull the pan. The pickup/screen was clogged with some dark material. I decided to install a new pickup/screen assembly, cleaned the pan and added fresh fluid. After making sure the level was correct, I moved the machine forward and reverse a few times, but the lost forward after everything warmed up. I'm going to check the pressure, but wanted any input before I pulled the power shuttle. Thanks!
It sounds like your forward clutch is bad and will have to rebuild the shuttle.
All those in favour say Aye! Welcome to HEF @HEMIDAVE !
I believe I have that shuttle right now used for a good price. May be P/N - 329669A1U https://tractorpartdirect.com/produ...shuttle-329669a1u?_pos=1&_sid=3d20a8aaa&_ss=r
That is a good price, but I already ordered a rebuild kit for mine. Thanks, I will definitely keep your site in mind for the future.
Thanks, I just ordered the rebuild kit.
Sounds great, thanks for checking us out. Please let me know if there's anything you are looking for in the future and I will do my best to help you out. If you call in, ask for Schuyler (Skyler). Good luck with everything.
Hey @HEMIDAVE , lmk what you end up with. Ive got the same issue
I just received a rebuild kit and rebuilt torque converter and will go that route. There is a lot of old material (clutch) in the bottom of the pan and it was clogging the screen. Cleaning the screen and pan and changing the fluid did not help.
Hey Hey HEMIDAVE have you had any luck with that rebuild?
The forward clutch discs were shot, and the rebuild is complete. She operates like she should now. Thanks for all your input!
May I enquire as to where you got your rebuild kit and how much of a pain it was? Did you do it yourself? Glad you got your machine working.
I got the kit from Broken Tractor, a great place to do business with, and had a guy with a small shop do it for me. Some YouTube videos show the rebuild so it's doable, but nice to have the equipment for the removal and installation of the unit from the machine.
There was a time I handled those transmissions in and out by hand.
Ahh to be young again. I probably couldn't do that, but bench pressed 300 back then with ease.
Yeah me too
Thanks @HEMIDAVE any chance you could link me any of the vids? Ive found a feew on youtube, b ut cant find one that shows the actual rebuild.
I'm not sure I can do that, but I'll try.