Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case- hydraulic pipe connectors’ designation

Fingers ยท 2024-06-28 17:54

Hi Guys Does anyone know the correct designation of the metal crimped on connectors on a case 580 flexible hydraulic pipe. My suspicions are that they are "JIC" , rather than DIN, NPT/NPTFS, or BSP Etc, but if anyone knows definitely, it would be great to know for sure - thanks in anticipation

Replies9
  1. #1NH575E2024-06-28 20:53

    Not sure on the Case but all the fittings on my NH are o-ring face seal.

  2. #2alrman2024-06-28 23:54

    @Fingers You really need to specify that your 580 is a SLE. Case 580's began in the late 60's & are still being sold - so there is a vast difference. Your hoses & steel lines should indeed be JIC.

  3. #3Fingers2024-06-29 05:39

    Once again I must thank you for your input- You are a star!! My case is indeed a 580 SLE. I asked the guy who made me a new hose yesterday what the fittings were - "Dunno" was the reply - "just get them out of a drawer". Specialists indeed?? !! Didn't see how the fittings were other than JIC, - but certainly not sure, especially with the machine having been made in France. Thanks again.

  4. #4Swetz2024-06-29 08:19

    It would appear good help is hard to find worldwide!

  5. #5Fingers2024-06-29 11:24

    It certainly is here in France!! Customer service and France, are essentially contradictions in terms!!! you could be forgiven for believing the French have special training to lean how NOT to help customers, and to make things as difficult for you as they can.The one thing the French ARE very good at, is hiking prices, and taking the money from you

  6. #6Fingers2024-06-29 11:33

    Another question that has just sprang to the fore is - Where do I find the Brake master cylinders on the 580 SLE. They are not immediately apparent - (to me at least), and I wish to check the fluid levels. From the position of the brake pedals, it looks as if I might need to remove the cover housing the steering column, dashboard and pedals? If so, what a drag !! Or am I being stupid again - (I was once, previously, last year!!!)

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-06-30 03:30

    France doesn't have a monopoly on price gouging.

  8. #8alrman2024-06-30 06:19

    @Fingers There is no brake fluid to check as the master cylinders are automatically filled via the hydraulic system of the machine. Is there a problem with the brakes? Maybe you better find an operators manual.....

  9. #9Fingers2024-07-02 02:50

    That certainly would explain why I was unable to discover how to top up the fluid levels - Duh !!! I do actually have a manual - but obviously have not read it sufficiently. Just saw the diagrams, and assumed that you could top them both up as with most other vehicles - if you could find them - which I still have not !! I dont actually have a brake problem as such - I only thought that the pedal travel was getting slightly longer this summer, after I had not used the machine overwinter. I really am grateful for your advice and thank you very much indeed. Have a great day.