Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C question

fishfighter ยท 2014-12-15 06:17

Should the Hydraulic reservoir should be venting? The last couple times I added oil, pulling the fill cap, there was always pressure build up.

Replies4
  1. #1jpeters2014-12-15 16:15

    There are vents above the fuel tank. Check to see if dirt daubbers are not covering them.

  2. #2fishfighter2014-12-15 17:46

    Thanks, I will do.

  3. #3jackleg2014-12-16 22:13

    Fishfighter- I took my "vent" apart on my 580C to clean it a while back. Its under a pop off cover right of the fuel fill cap. It has a spring and a disc inside the fitting like a reed valve. It is only a vacuum breaker and not a pressure relief. There is a hose that connects just below the fitting that seems to run over to a high point on the tank. I diddnt see anything that would relieve positive pressure. If you find somthing elese, please let me know

  4. #4fishfighter2014-12-17 05:21

    Jackleg, I see what you are talking about under that pop off cap. Once I get out the hospital today, I will give it a go to see what is what. Thanks