Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580c right brake.

DJCAMP · 2026-09-23 20:14

On the righthand brake adapter plate, I will be replacing the large seal in the adapter plate. My question is, has anybody replaced the small seal where the shaft sticks out for the diff lock? If so, could give me a good way to replace that small seal. Thank you.

Replies4
  1. #1Dave Neubert2026-09-26 15:06

    you would most likely have to go in from the top to disconnect the posi lever if it is not leaking bad I would live with it

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2026-09-28 15:16

    You can sometimes pull those seals out with an o-ring pick or a piece of wire. Be sure and cover the splines with tape or something when you install new seal.

  3. #3csthompson122026-09-29 20:00

    If I recall I think I threaded a screw into it, and pulled it out wit the screw..

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2026-09-29 20:07

    I don’t think you can do that on diff lock shaft seal