Hey all, Have tried to search around but nothing really came up for this so here goes. With some help in another thread I've got to the point of getting the power shuttle back onto the backhoe. I've pushed it in by hand, spun the flywheel and got a good clunk to where I'm just about 3/16 away from fully seating the transmission against the bellhousing (see picture). The service manual describes the goal as fully seating the shuttle against the TC housing but I keep hitting a point where no amount of rotating the flywheel, wiggling and cussing seems to take up this last 3/16. I've pulled everything off to check for obvious signs of metal mashing together but no such signs on the TC hub or splines of the input shaft/pump Should I just keep spinning this thing until something falls into place or is it expected to take up the rest by pulling it in with the bolts?
It will slide all the way on if and when the torque convertor is positioned correctly with the flywheel. Do not force it together by tightening any of the bell housing bolts or bad things will happen. The engine and shuttle have to be in perfect alignment. It is hard to tell, but in your photo, it appears that the components are no where near being lined up correctly.