Does anyone know of an oil filter that can be used on an old case that could simply be picked up at Wal-Mart or Autozone? Don't have any case dealers close by & I want to change the oil sooner than later.
Found it! From another post.... From Wix's website using wix part numbers: Air Filter 42222 580B w/G188 Engine ( B model) Hydraulic 51760 580B w/G188 Engine Oil Filter 5145253 580B w/G188 Engine ( or Fram PH8A) Power Steering 51653 580B w/G188 Engine (or Purolator ** 140) Primary Fuel Filter 33381 580B w/G188 Engine ( B model only) Secondary Fuel Filter 33380 580B w/G188 Engine Transmission Filter 51518 580B w/G188 Engine ( or Napa 1518, fits CK also) I thought that oil filter looked a lot like my Mustang filter.
let me take a look. Napa should cross to the Wix number by removing the 5 in front of it. Napa gold is a rebadged WIX. Oil Filter (Gold), Spin-On Lube Filter; 5.178"; 3.66" Product Line: NAPA Filters Interchange Mfg.: Wix Filters Interchange Mfg. Part Number: 51452 Compare FIL 1452 Price Unit : : 11.69 Each Qty
a fram PH8A is the big old school Ford filter, so thats probably the case. that's cool, becouse I have a fleet of old fords, and have a stack of oil filters. Nice to know I can use it on my case.
Wrong WIX info above Above I cut-n-pasted info for a 580B not for a 580ck. Luck has it the oil filter is the same. Here is the correct info from the Wix web site. Part Part No. Hydraulic 51518 580CK w / Diesel Engine Oil Filter 5145253 (Fram PH8A) 580CK w / Diesel Engine Power Steering 51653 (Purolator ** 140) 580CK w / Diesel Engine Primary Fuel Filter 33516 580CK w / Diesel Engine (Cartridge) Primary Fuel Filter 33381 580CK w / Diesel Engine (Spin-on) Secondary Fuel Filter 33165 580CK w / Diesel Engine (Cartridge) Secondary Fuel Filter 33380 580CK w / Diesel Engine (Spin-on)
Thanks flyingfrog!! Do you have any idea on the torque drive filter number for the CK??
On something like an engine like this that is harder to replace I tend to run only Wix/NAPA gold/ OEM filters. All are the best quality. You can run the Fram, but the quality is not as good. Keep in mind that these engine are harder to replace than a common Ford, Chevy, Dodge.
great filter info guys. i just bought a 580B and needed this info. i totally agree that these old machines deserve all the best we can give them.
Collard, welcome to the forum:drinkup:drinkup. Phil
I know the last post here is kinda old but i have a 67' Case 580CK. I was wondering sence the PH8A fits does that mean the Motocraft FL-1A fits too? I have seen these filters all disected and was kinda imprsess with the motocraft filters not the best but far better construction than Fram. I run them on my f250.
The following filters cross-reference to FRAM PH8A, they "should fit". AC-Delco Duraguard PF2 AC-Delco PFL1A Ace PH8A Apollo PH8A Baldwin B2 Bowes PH8A Bucyrus Erie 46151593 Car And Driver SF-1A Champion Laboratories PH8A Deutsch D539 Econo Lube L30001 Ford B7A-6714-A FRAM Extra Guard PH8A FRAM Tough Guard TG8A FRAM Extra Guard PH43 (shorter) Grand Prix PH8A Hastings LF115 Hutchen SF-1A Jiffy Lube L30001 Luber-Finer PH8A Master Parts PH8A Mitsubishi MO5281090 Mobil 1 M1-301 -------------------------------------------------------- Mopar 3549957 Mopar 5281090 Motorcraft FL 1-3A Motorcraft FL-1A NAPA Gold 1515 Penzoil PZ-1 PowerFlo SL30001 Purolator Premium Plus L30001 Rockhill 61515 Silverline 21515 STP S-01 STP S-016 Target SF1A Valutest PH8A Warner PH8A Wix 51515
I thought so Just figured I'd ask. Thank you. :usa
Flying Frog......Something rotten smells in Denmark. I must have used the same source as you when I ordered filters for my 580CK diesel. The hydraulic filter you show above is not correct. I ordered and received the Wix 51518, but when I removed the canister to replace the old one, this 51518 is too short. The Case filter number that came out is No. D75831, which is a Wix 51760. I just ordered a couple from Fleet.