I have a 580CK. I went out to use it after it sat for a few months over the winter. Started fine, went to back it up and it would not move. raised the rear wheels off the ground, put it in gear and only the left wheel turned. Right wheel turned less than 1/4inch then clunk, stopped. Doesn't seem like brakes, but I have not pulled it apart to look at them. To me it seems like a differential issue. Any advice on checks I can make to try to isolate the issue? Checked forward and reverse in multiple gears and in both high and low range. Thanks, in advance, Mark
So did you attempt to turn that wheel by hand while it was off the ground? My first thought is certainly brakes, it's just not likely that something broke while it was just sitting there. It is more likely that a brake is hanging up. However, there is just the bolts under the seat to have a look inside. Again, brakes are the likely suspect here.
I tired turning it by hand while off the ground, but only with the engine running. I will try it with the engine off and see what happens, and as you pointed out, I can just pull the bolts and look in at the differential.... plus I might as well pull off the brake cover and see what that looks like. I re-did both brakes about 4 years ago, but water or something could have gotten in there and corroded it.
Generally it is a brake issue. The little steel balls get rusted or something like that. I can usually put it in reverse, then forward, etc, until it starts to roll again. Pull the brake cover to take it apart and clean it up.