Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580ck backhoe control valve seals ???

onemank6 ยท 2013-05-30 21:17

I have a 580ck with i think a model 33 backhoe and the valve (spool) is leaking around the top of the spool it is the one that controls the arm out and in for the backhoe and i cant seem to find much about it on the net. I am thinking theres a o ring bad but im not sure how to remove the spool does anyone know how or does anyone have any pics of how this comes apart please let me know thanks

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2013-05-31 06:47

    Here is a link to your valve Xpack. When you get on the parts website do a MODEL (580CK) search and you will find the entire T/L/B in there. http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr64163ar1133234 At the upper right corner of the screen there is a green bar you can click on to expand the page to full screen.

  2. #2Rawbert2013-11-21 21:21

    I need those valve seals too!! Any news xpackdeals? Were you able to find them? The link Tinkerer provided is good, but the D39047 valve is discontinued..

  3. #3Tinkerer2013-11-22 06:58

    Yes it is discontinued. It was replaced with D51303. That part number was preceded by eight (yes 8) other part numbers. That means your backhoe could have any one of those valves. The good news is that they all seem to use the same parts. That is how I see it in the parts book. Maybe I am wrong. Here is a link to the information. http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr64163ar1133234bi3848784 If you go to that page hang your computer curser over the exclamation mark (!), that is just in front of the part number D51303. The eight different valve part numbers will be shown.

  4. #4onemank62013-11-22 18:16

    got them at the dealer I did find them at the case dealer and they were'nt that expensive im thinking $2.00 a piece and they are not just a o-ring but they are a special seal they way they are made they have a lip on them so pretty much they are something you will want to get at a case dealer as you wont match them at a hardware. As far as changing them i did mine with the backhoe on the tractor and was going to change all of them but when i got started i started with the one that was actually leaking and when i got done that was enough for me it was just a bear to get the spool all the way out and some of the bolts in and out . In other words it can be done on the tractor but would be a lot easier with it off.Hope this helps you..

  5. #5Tinkerer2013-11-22 21:51

    Glad to hear you got the spool sealed. I should have mentioned that those o rings have a special configuration. MelBen and Alrman have both mentioned them in other threads. Thank goodness you went to a Case dealer and purchased the right ones. With the backhoe off of the tractor, removing the complete valve body is fairly easy, and getting the spools in and out on shop bench is just as easy. That is how I did mine and I put new seals in all the spools.

  6. #6tardi12013-11-29 15:01

    I have the model 33 extendahoe that was leaking badly at the spool seals and found replacement seals at Tractor Stuff for $1+ each, get a couple extra in case you nick one installing it. Rather than loosen all of the connections to remove the valve, I unhooked the hoe from the tractor for working room and changed the spool seals in place. After removing the bottom cap & spring and lever attachments on top, the individual spool can be moved up enough to remove the bottom seal from the valve body (dental pick) then lubricate and carefully push it down enough to pick out the top seal. Put a block below the spool so it can't drop all the way down. To reinstall, Case sold a special tool to compress the spring while tightening the lower retaining bolt. It gets a little tricky but if you put a smaller nut inside of shallow socket on your rachet then use a pry under the rachet head, you can compress the spring and turn the bolt to get the thread started. Without the nut, the bolt head slides too far into the socket to get upward pressure. If you also have the extendahoe, the o-rings (2) are slightly larger on the diverter valve and they are located on the spool itself instead of inside the valve body. Be careful not to scratch anything and double check that the o-ring is not twisted in the groove. This worked for me, however no guarantees/warrantees/replacements if you aren't as fortunate. Anyone have a suggestion for a reasonably priced 580ck radiator w/oil cooler?

  7. #7Rawbert2014-02-03 08:36

    Hi guys! I need some help! I recently bought my neighbors 1967 580CK with a 33 backhoe for 2k. besides some rotted hoses and tire issues the biggest problem is the leaks at the backhoe control box. I couldn't test it because of some busted hoses and it was also way to dirty in there to see anything. So I uninstalled the whole valve control body and cleaned it nicely but now I'm not sure how to proceed.. which seals to replace? Ideally I'd like to replace them all, but an online parts store told me there are 200+ seals in there and it could run me $8-900 to buy them all.. I looked t the diagram in the Case parts website though and I could only see about 11 seals/valve so no more than 70-80 seal for the whole thing. What say you? Should I take the whole thing apart and replace only the damaged seals? Or install it back now that it's cleaned and the hoses are fixed to see where it leaks? Thanks in advance for any advice!

  8. #8Joe Ramirez2014-04-10 04:07

    What did you end up doing? I am thinking about doing the same thing because I am losing pressure through the valves. What steps did you use to remove the valve bodies? Suggestions? Thanks, Joe

  9. #9onemank62014-04-10 14:01

    i just replaced the ones i needed to with it on the tractor kinda a pita but you need to remove the whole spool to do it i talked to a hyd shop who said if i remov the whole valve body and bring it to them they would rebuild the whole thing for about $200.00 so i may do that but for now no leaks since i did it and i had to get the seals from dealer good luck