Hey guys, i was wondering if someone could help me with this warning light and horn issue on my 310E. Here's the deal, i start the machine, cycle the parking brake, the lights go out as they should, then as soon as i put the machine in FWD or REV the stop light and warning light comes on.The machine runs and functions like it should. It has been like this for a good while therefore eliminating any catastrophic situations but i really would like to know if anyone has a clue why this happens. I have checked the three relays under the panel ,tested the FWD and REV switch, seat sensor, all fuses. thanks in advance, JAY
This could get long winded but will try to keep it short: I don't have actual knowlage of the JD310E but the light and horn work in one of two ways. Either 12 volts is applied to the light or horn and the light and horn are grounded, or a ground is applied to the light or horn to complete the circuit through a relay. Most of the time a ground is used to the ground side of the relay via the reverse switch. You said the FWD/REV switch is working (it will open a close the internal contacts), which leads me to think there is a shorting of the wire to ground. With the machine off check continuity from ground to each side of the switch, one side should show zero ohms, the other should show something much higher if not infinity. If you get zero ohms on both sides you have a short on one side, need to check the wires and components. If one side is high ohms, set volt meter to volts and place one lead on this side and the other to ground. Turn the michine on and there should be 12 volts on the open side, if not the 12 volts may only be applied when in gear. If 12V are present, place in gear and it goes to zero in reverse only. If in or out of gear you dont see 12V then disconnect one wire to the switch, this should turn the light/horn off when in gear. If it does not then I would suggest testing the relays and then check the wires for damage. Your problem is most likely a switch or relay. Have you tried swapping relays? Good luck
All dodge, thanks for the advise, i did check the lever for operation but really didnt check if a ground is shorted out, good thinking, i did switch all the relays around and tested them with 12 volts, they seem fine. i will get to it and let you know how it worked out, it will be a few days, on some other projects right now, thanks Jay
Hey dude, did you figure this out? I have the same problem. Please let me know. Thanks.
Hey all dodge, i tested all the lever switches all relays,the diodes near the frame,seat switch,oil pressure switch. It still has the problem. It might have to just stay this way for another few years. I don't want to start guessing but maybe its the panel itself, who knows. Jay
No, i haven't found the problem and just about stopped looking, Might just be the panel, its just a cheap circuit board but probely not cheap. Have you checked anything on yours?
I replaced the warning panel (JD calls it monitor) I though it might be bad because it had a bunch of mud and gunk in it. cost $190 and still does the same thing. All the lights are lit and the warning buzzer sounds. So I have to start digging deeper. Un fortunately I don't have the repair manual or wiring diagrams.
I replaced the warning panel (JD calls it monitor) I though it might be bad because it had a bunch of mud and gunk in it. cost $190 and still does the same thing. All the lights are lit and the warning buzzer sounds. So I have to start digging deeper. Un fortunately I don't have the repair manual or wiring diagrams.
Guys, its gonna be your fnr lever. They wear out inside and start to show neutral and a direction or both directions at the same time, and thats what triggers the alarms.
Hi, Please tell me more. What do I look for in there? Do you know what to do to fix it? Thanks.
You just replace it. the whole mechanism and switches just wear out.