I have a 1967 580CK with model 33 loader and backhoe. Somewhere in its lifetime someone removed the backhoe foot controls for the swing cylinders and replaced them with another stick out the top. So, i actually have a 4 stick control. I want to eliminate that 4th stick and put those foot controls back in place. Anybody have any thoughts about where to get a set? I found a set off a 74 580B on ebay but I dont know if they will fit without major mods and welding. Again, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You may find a set in a bone yard that would work, you would need to do some home work. Most B machines had a 35 hoe and the tower was different I seem to think. I would leave the four stick. It was not uncommon to change out the foot swing to a ford/ih/**/ac/ other do to owners needs, a lot of people hated the foot swing controls. Most older operators that smoked loved them because it gave them a free hand. I would take four lever over a three stick any day myself.
fliptopper.........Howdie. I have been restoring my 68 580CK, which is identical to yours and posting alot of good pics on various restoration issues......should be helpful to others doing alot of this work. Im currently finishing up the electrical and paint work, and ready to put the loader controls back on: Here is a pic of the Model 33 backhoe, which I still need to finish rebuilding the control tower seals, replace some hoses, and repaint: Will try to include some pics of the foot pedals. Tractor Stuff (Dale) has a bunch of old ones he parts out......he may have the pedals you need. Looks pretty easy to put the pedals back on, but make sure you also get the linkages for them.