Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580CK Block heater

WARedneck ยท 2018-02-01 19:16

I have a 66-67 580 CK Diesel without a block heater and 1 is needed. I have found 1 that is 5/8 thread, but where does it mount? The only threaded ports that I find are on the left a 1/4 or 3/8 drain petcock and a 5/8 on the right rear that has the gauge mount. I also see no soft-plugs for a soft-plug mounting.

Replies10
  1. #1Billrog2018-02-01 20:50

    Does it not go in a frost plug hole ?

  2. #2Wastepro2018-02-01 21:55

    The one I mounted in our loader went into the/a frost plug.

  3. #3WARedneck2018-02-01 21:58

    I do not see a frost plug, where might it be?

  4. #4WARedneck2018-02-02 00:13

    I do not see a frost plug, where might it be?

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-02-02 09:57

    Did you look at the intake manifold ? Many, many 580's came with an air heater and no block heater. But, here (EBay Listing)is the correct part number for the coolant heater. 3/8 inch pipe thread. Probably goes in the coolant manifold. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #6AllDodge2018-02-02 10:12

    Have a look at this thread HeavyEquipmentForums The freeze plug is located on the side of the block. It gets knocked out and the rubber one installed.

  7. #7Kurly2018-02-02 10:59

    Check out this thread HeavyEquipmentForums If you have the 188 or 207 it might be the same. I bought mine from Coleman and it is great! kurly

  8. #8Juskatla2018-02-02 20:12

    That age of machine will be a 188. Heater as shown above threads into the hole after plug is removed. No frost plugs involved.

  9. #9WARedneck2018-02-03 00:05

    Thanks Gentlemen! I thought that the #4 was the best option and will go from there.

  10. #10rickw2018-02-04 09:04

    I put one in our old ck. Goes in threaded port near/above fuel filter housing on the left side. Directions said you have to remove filter or housing I think but I was able to sneak it in without removing it. 1 hr of being plugged in you can warm your hands on the valve cover. It is amazing.