Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580ck hydraulic tube assembly

Oerthedge21 ยท 2020-10-21 17:09

I recently picked up a trenching bucket for my 70s 580, and decided to dig a stump out of my yard. All was fine and dandy until I noticed a spray of hyd oil from down below me. Well as it turns out somebody age old braze job seems to have let go and a crack has developed in one of these steel lines right outside of the braze bead. Now I don't have any idea what this part is called, and there's no machines being parted out in my state (ct) so I don't really know where to get it. Or can that crack be reliably fixed with a heavier brazing job over the new crack? Or does anyone know where I can get a new one of these parts? I can't quite figure out how to attach pictures but it's the set of 4 steel lines that comes out right above the main pin for the backhoe boom on the swing frame, that your left and right sets of hydraulic lines couple to. I'll try to get a picture up

Replies3
  1. #1Eric a1cnc2020-10-21 21:43

    It may be possible to re-braze that line. I have had good luck in the past with 45% silver solder.It will have a flux outer that really helps clean and the 45% silver flows nicely. It will take an acetylene torch to braze it and I would recommend removing the tube from the tractor to clean the tube real well after. There are a number of 580 ck's being parted on fb marketplace and craigslist.

  2. #2Oerthedge212020-10-22 05:55

    Somebody laid a heavy bead in there once, so you may be right since the tube cracked and nkt the braze. I plan on removing the part anyway because the crack is inaccessible with it installed. I looked on marketplace and the closest partout to me is 2.5 hours away which I don't exactly have time to go do

  3. #3stinky642020-10-23 03:03

    I don't know how handy you are with a torch, but if its not too rotted,take a die grinder to it to get all the paint and some of the old braze job off and just make er hot and re-do. Also.actual year/model will help others help you...