Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580ck tractor backhoe

halibut ยท 2014-11-08 11:08

I have diesel fuel in my oil what would be the reason and how do I fix it.,I changed seals on injector pump but still have diesel in oil pan.

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-11-08 14:10

    You may have a rolled or torn shaft seal, the system is a gravity fed from the fuel tank threw the fuel filters to the pump. If you just replaced the butterfly seals and not checked the pump tube for wear it could be leaking due to that, the seals are easy to nick/tare while stretching with out the correct install tool when placing them on the shaft also. The seals can get twisted or rolled while starting them into the pump tube bore. I have install several hundred pumps over many years and it will even happen with the correct tooling to end up with a leak. I would slide the pump back off the shaft and inspect the seals, throw them away and install a new set if the tube (down inside) looks good where the seals ride and try again. If the tube looks bad inside the pump you may need to send it out for service before doing a install. Also are you talking smell of or 2" over full or running out the dipstick tube fuel in the engine. Have you also checked you power steering pump oil level to see if it's adding to the engine oil and you still have a fuel smell from the past injection pump seal replacement, have you been adding fluid to the power steering pump?.

  2. #2halibut2014-11-08 20:07

    fuel in oil thanks sheepfoot I will check shaft and power steeringpump level. fuel does come out dipstick,I nave changed the oil 3 times in one month, pan is full of fuel.