Hi, I have been rebuilding the roosa master injection pump (DBGFCC431--27AJ) on my 70's 580ck. With lots of good info I have gleaned from this forum and a few others, everything is going smooth so far. I decided to replace the injectors but the aftermarket replacements I have are set to open at 3400 psi, and the specs in my manual show a range of 3150 to 3250. I understand a higher pressure will give better atomization and should help with easier starting. Is leaving them set at 3400 ok or should I reset them to the oem specified range? Second question, does anyone know what the proper roller to roller dimension is for this pump? I did not remove or change the position of the leaf spring screw but I would like to verify it is correct before reinstallation if possible. Tom J
1.953" R/R.. but set alittle higher for improved hp. The injectors are ok.. that's the new opening pressure and they'll drop 200 after a short usage. Good luck w/ your rebuild.
Thanks for the info pumpguy thats what I thought but didn't have the experience to back it up. Just curious what do you consider 'a little' on the roller setting? +.002, .005 .010? I only ask because I don't know how sensitive the adjustment is. In all honesty I will probably verify it is correct and leave it alone but as they say every day is a school day. Thanks Tom J
1/8 turn from spec will give about 10% more fuel. Don't go more than 1/4 turn..