Hi everyone. I have been rebuilding my 1970 Case 580ck. I just took the control valve off the backhoe and while inspecting it and replacing the seals, one of two springs in the swing spool section was broken. It is for the secondary relief valve and is part #D43418. I cannot find a replacement. Messicks tried to locate on for me, but couldn't. Do any of you have some sources I could check? I also want to replace the bellows and shield for all the spools (no shields came with it and the bellows were cracked and broken). I can find them for about $30 a piece, but I am way over budget on this machine. I was thinking of using Buna-N cylinder foam, drilling a smaller diameter hole and inserting it over the spool. I would put a washer just below control rod pins. I envision this will help keep dirt out of the seals and body. Or I could place a thicker o-ring on the spool just above the body, then a washer, then a spring and another washer under the control did pins. What are your thoughts? Thanks for your help
Have u tried Dale at TractorStuff.?? Or at : e-backhoeparts.com
I had a request into Dale, but I hadn't heard back. I actually went and emailed about 10-12 companies last night. One guy at Sievers in Illinois gave me a guy in Oklahoma who sent me to a place in Texas and the place in Texas had one. So I ordered it and it should arrive this week! My project will be put in hold this month as I got drawn for bull elk and need to do some scouting this month on the weekends
I got the spring, and installed it. My control valve had cracked and completely worn out boots and the covers were missing. They cost about 30 bucks a piece, so 60 bucks per spool which turns into $350. I decided to try these ball joint covers from suspension.com. I got item #191827. Anyway, they do cover the spool completely when extended and they do compress when the spooled is depressed. I will see how they work when installed, but I was happy spending just $23.10
Those boots you found look pretty good. Thing about boots though is they can trap dirt and allow it to stay around spool and seal causing the exact thing you are trying to prevent.