Anyone ever replace the bushings and pivot pin on the front axle of a 2WD Case 580D. I have a service manual but it does not have a procedure. Do you have to remove the front axle or can you just support everything and work on it in place? Thanks
You are better off to support the machine and plug the steering hoses, pull the pin and drop it out. You should have two bushings in the main frame and two in the axle with some shim washers. It's not a big job.
Thanks Sheepfoot. That saves me a switch to Plan B after I've started.
The pivot pin does not look that bad, and heck I expected the bushings to look worse than they did. There was some play so I am going to install new bushings. I'm kinda thinking that I should replace to pin also so as to not have play against the new bushings. Or am I just wasting money, and just reuse the old pin? Thanks
Bushing will last much long if you replace pin to. Like putting a new chain on an old sprocket. Never a good idea.