Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580D Backhoe Hydraulics problem

smittyd ยท 2011-06-01 08:30

I am needing some advice for my 580D extenda-hoe, I was running it last weekend and noticed that the machine lost its hydraulic power after it warmed up. It would barely pick the boom up or load the bucket. The loader would not even raise the front wheels of the ground and its function was week. Just wondering if it might be pump time or could this be a valve body issue. I changed the Hyd Filter and Oil but did not help. The loader functions have been getting weak for some time. Does anyone have any ideas? What type of pressure should I be looking for and where should I check it? Thanks Smitty

Replies3
  1. #1Hardline2011-06-01 08:57

    If your systems has been getting weak for a while it sounds like the pump is getting excessively worn. Only way that I know of the test the pump it self is to run a flow test on the pump. JJ

  2. #2smittyd2011-06-01 11:12

    Hardline, Thanks for the reply. Thats what I have been thinking. How and where would you check the flow. What should the flow be? Thanks Smitty

  3. #3smittyd2011-06-02 22:30

    Today I used this backhoe and the loader was extremly slow and I could hear what sounded like the loader control valve bypassing fluid. Could this be causing some of the problems i am having with the hydraulics losing power on the backhoe?