Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580D belt

Kenracz · 2025-03-16 17:51

My belt broke. It was old. I replaced it with one of those multi piece belts sold by Harbor Freight. I want to get a better belt. Is there a easy way to replace the belt with out dismantleling the front and pulling out the pump. Or is the Harbor Freight belt good enough? What are my options? Thanks Ken

Replies2
  1. #1Joe H2025-03-16 20:26

    I've had one on mine for years, no problems. If you're worried about getting stuck get a spare. Joe H

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-03-16 21:08

    If those adjustable belts work for you, go for it. I leave mine on the wall, unless it’s an emergency. I know on my 580 E I have to unbolt the pump coupling and slide it back a half an inch. I do have a sepentine belt, so those adjustable ones aren’t an option on my backhoe. I did just take one off my skid and replaced with a real belt.